IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Probleemas ar lielaakajiem bittorrent serveriem, Jaa....
zenofex
post Apr 6 2004, 11:40
Post #1

Nausicaa fanboy

Group: Jounin

Skatiit sheit:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10940

un sheit:
http://www.animesuki.com

--------------------
- "Amen, hallelujah and peanut butter!"
© Dutch, Black Lagoon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roze
post Apr 6 2004, 14:04
Post #2

Hakushaku

Group: Kage

Izvelkot svariigo dalju - nav labi:

have now /FINALLY/ gotten a response from ThePlanet. It's mixed news.

Port 6969/tcp has been filtered at our core due to a significant increase of GateCrasher trojan activity and resultant DoS attacks. 

So it seems to have been a genuinely security-related block.
Here is where it gets interesting:
6969/tcp is also the default port for BitTorrent trackers, which also violate The Planet's Terms of Service. 

So that collateral wasn't too problematic; I can't see in their AUP how BT per se violates their AUP, but oh well.
Port 6969/tcp will remain blocked until the risks associated with the port are determined by our staff to be acceptable.

So no unblocking in sight for some time, yet.
We are revising our Terms of Service and AUP to deal with recent incidents and to address specific IRC and BitTorrent software. The current policies are at:

http://www.theplanet.com/aup/

The revised AUP will contain more specific language concerning IRC and P2P software.

P2P software is allowed in general, but BitTorrent and similar software will not be allowed due to immense legal pressure concerning distribution of pirated software.

I am asking for a definitive clarification of whether or not the scarywater trackers can stay. If not, it's off to server-search.
Again, port 6969/tcp is currently filtered due to a significant increase of GateCrasher trojan activity and resultant DoS attacks. 

In closing, not as bad as some had feared, but not as rosy as we'd like it either.
More on this as it develops.
+Quote Post
Hideki
post Apr 6 2004, 14:34
Post #3

Shishaku

Group: Chuunin

Hmm... vispaar jau nebutu tik sarezhgjiiti uztaisiit lai trackeri nebuutu piesieti tikai vienam noteiktam portam. Interesanti, kaa vinji tad atfiltreetu BT trafiku, piemeeram, no 21 porta. wink.gif Vispaar cik atceros, vecajam bt++ vareeja likt kaadu portu diapazonu gribeeja. nezinu tikai kaa pashiem Trekeriem.

--------------------
"And so long as the irresponsible explore unknown
lands, we need never fear..."

"Not too late?
- Everyone is still alive. Inside of you.
I might be able to do it. Another universe. A universe where everyone is still alive. I'll create it out of myself. Take me to everyone.
- Are you really sure?
I'm not alone. I'm going back to everyone.
The other universe inside me has started to move forward in time. ... beyond the time."
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 04:30